Fitting Terms and Conditions
• Free site visits are available to quote for supply and installation. We are not able to visit sites to quote for supply only. All appointments are confirmed 24 hours prior to us visiting. Appointments missed or cancelled without notice can be chargeable and may not be offered the opportunity to rebook.
Some site visits to advise on insurance repairs, boundary disputes will be chargeable.
Unless agreed in advance Fence-rite Ltd do not quote to rectify/make good works fitted by a 3rd party. Any queries please ask our sales team.
• We only install products supplied and purchased from Fence-rite Ltd.
• All quotations are based on our standard rates, out of hours/weekends/emergency call out etc. will be charged at a premium rate. Please ask for more information.
• A minimum call out charge of 1 hours labour applies to all fitting work, this is to cover travel to site etc.
• Unless otherwise stated we remove the old fencing from site. Where possible we recycle as much waste as we can. Normally the soil from post holes or trenching out of gravel-boards is lost along the fence line, please advise if this is not possible.
Where Fence-Rite Ltd provide skips we will where possible drop on boards to minimise any dam- age to hard surfaces. Please advise of any potential problems on the quote acceptance form. No extra rub- bish will be Fence-rite Ltd skips without prior permission.
As all rubbish removal is charged at cost we can of course leave all rubbish on site and this will not be included in overall cost, please advise our estimator during your site survey.
• We may ask permission for a Fence-rite Ltd sign to be placed on the fence for a period following installation.
We like to build a photographic portfolio of our work and may request to take photographs of the work we have carried out. We will ask your written permission and will only use the photographs for marketing/ promotion of our goods and services. We will not include any information that may identify you. We will not share or pass any of your information to 3rd parties and adhere to GDPR requirements
Preparation/day of works
• We are not able to guarantee fitting dates at time of order but where possible will try and accommodate
customer requests. Fitting dates are normally arranged 3-7 working days in advance.
• Clear access is required to your property/location of the work to be carried out. This includes ensuring pathways are clear of plant pots, furniture etc. Please pick up after your dog before our fitting team arrives! All broken glass, needles etc. must be cleared in advance as advised at time of quotation. Additional charges will apply if Fence-rite Ltd are not advised of extra works during site visit/ before works commence.
• If internal access through garage, utilities, kitchens etc. is required, dust sheets and covers must be provided by the client unless otherwise stated. Fence-rite Ltd can accept no liability for damage.
• Access to power is usually required by our fitting teams who carry long extension leads and use a circuit breaker. Please advise the office in advance if a power point is not available as we can then provide a petrol generator, however this can be quite noisy so we recommend warning your neighbours.
• It is the responsibility of the client to inform any adjoining neighbours/properties that we will be on site carrying out work. Please ensure we are made aware of any disputes or previous difficulties so we can notify our fitting team in advance. We aim not to get involved in ongoing disputes but will liaise with relevant parties in order to peg out an agreed fence line where necessary. Any delays will incur additional charges based on our standard daywork rates per team.
• Any works for a 3rd party, ie: landlords, insurance companies etc. will require the completion of a quote acceptance form which will be issued with the quotation and is subject to relevant credit checks. Pro-forma/payment in advance may apply.
• Underground services, pipes including telephone and TV cables are not the responsibility of Fence-rite Ltd. Please notify us if you are aware of any services along the fence line which may not be at the required depth.
• Weather plays a big part in our schedules, especially during the winter months. Snow, ice, strong winds etc. can cause delays. The safety and wellbeing of our staff is paramount and unsafe conditions can lead to cancellations or works being aborted at short notice. Customers will be notified accordingly if this occurs and your property will always be left safe and secure to the best of our ability.
• Works cancelled or delayed by the client with less than 24 hours notice will incur a charge.
Bespoke or special made/ordered items are non-returnable and will be charged at full price in the event of a cancellation.
• Payment in full shall be made to Fence-rite Ltd within the period of the terms stated on the quote acceptance form or subject to agreed credit account terms if applicable. Should any goods be requested in advance for painting/staining etc. payment shall be made on or before delivery of the same for the full cost of the materials delivered.
Title to all goods shall remain with Fence-rite Ltd until the invoice is paid in full and by agreeing to terms on quote acceptance form you agree the we can access property to retrieve goods, any monies for installation will still be due.
• Payment methods include cash, bank transfer, debit or credit card (excluding American Express).
Where payment is to be made by a 3rd party i.e. Insurance company, landlord, solicitor, estate agent etc, this may be required on a pro-forma invoice basis and is subject to relevant credit checks.
Deposits may be required. Account customers will need to provide written purchase orders for payment within their agreed terms.
• Invoices not settled within the terms quoted may result in additional costs being charged.
Any additional costs as a result of late payment, such as debt collection fees will be the responsibility of the client.
• A workmanship guarantee is offered on all fitting work for 12 months. Any initial complaints or queries should be notified in writing within 24 hours of completion of work. Proof of purchase is required so the invoice issued must be produced to substantiate the guarantee.
• All Fence-rite Ltd gates are covered by a 3 month adjustment guarantee. This excludes any damage by 3rd parties or slamming, abuse etc. All adjustments are at Fence-Rite Ltd discretion.
Effects of the weather
• Wood is a natural product and therefore susceptible to certain changes in an outside environment. Most newly purchased fence panels have been manufactured from freshly treated timber.
Extremes of temperature or changes in weather will cause a reaction in timber used outdoors.
Heat may cause panels to lose shape but this process will be reversed when temperatures subside. Certain products may warp in higher than normal temperatures. This is perfectly natural and in all but the most extreme cases normal shape returns. Sawn timber and machine rounded items may crack or split. Splits and cracks occur naturally in timber grain due to changing humidity levels.
They are not usually a cause for concern as they don’t affect the strength or durability of the product. This will not effect the structural strength of the wood or your guarantee and is an accepted condition of sale.
• In extreme heat we recommend you should water fence panels to keep timber moist which will help prevent the panels from drying out as quickly. It is advisable to do this at the end of the day at the same time you would water flowers/plants. In most cases panels watered regularly will resume their original state once the temperature returns to normal. We also recommend that fence treatment/wood preserv- ative is not applied during periods of extreme heat for the same reason. This could cause the timber to dry out too quickly resulting in warping or twisting.
Pressure treated timber
• Pressure treated goods are pressure impregnated with a timber preservative, an effective method use to preserve wood against fungal decay and insect attack. A decorative dye is added to the preservative process to ensure every piece of timber is coloured and preserved in one operation. This colour will fade over time. Colour and shade of goods is variable and exact colour matches cannot be guaranteed.
• Fresh pressure treatment sometimes leads to a small amount of green/white spotting on the surface of the new timber as the natural sap leaves the wood. This will fade away over time and is in no way detrimental to quality or durability. If pressure treated timber is cut, notched or drilled, it is recommended that an approved end grain preservative is applied. Failure to do so may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and/or nullify any guarantee.
Non-pressure treated products
• Dipped products will fade with time. The colour applied during manufacture is not permanent and treatment should be applied regularly. To change the colour allow the product to mature before applying a proprietary brand, following manufacturers instructions. Colour and shade of goods is variable and exact colour matches cannot be guaranteed.
• All staff are Enhanced DBS checked (disclosure and barring service).
• Fence-rite Ltd has combined liability insurance which includes employers liability, public liability and product liability of £5,000,000.
All installation work will continue as normal. Our fitting teams work off a pre-prepared worksheet and can ring to discuss over the phone whilst on site so no face to face contact is required. Payment can be made by phone or by bacs. Please advise in advance of any self-isolation requirements we need to be aware of. Our fitting teams can be self-sufficient with generators, water, flasks etc. if advised in advance. We are carrying out regular cleaning and sanitising, hopefully it won’t cause any delays or inconvenience but please bear with us if any small delays occur.
We will aim to continue to provide all of our services for now but as with the whole country we will review following all government advice
• Remember we are here to help.
Any queries, questions etc. feel free to contact our sales team Tel: 01384 352264 or email: info@Fencerite.co.uk
We pride ourselves on top quality fencing and workmanship at competitive prices.